The College of San Mateo's (CSM) Nursing Program provides students with opportunities for learning in the classroom, high-tech skills lab, local hospitals, and community health agencies. CSM Nursing has consistently received approval by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Upon graduation, the candidate is eligible for an Associate degree in Nursing and is qualified to take the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX) for RNs. The majority of students are concurrently enroll (must apply) in the SFSU BSN program and graduate with both degrees within the same year. College of San Mateo Nursing is in the candidacy process for ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing) to obtain this national accreditation. ACEN: 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, Georgia 30326 USA. (404) 975-5000The CSM Nursing Program is a GOLD STAR program indicating higher earnings and living wages after graduation. Our success and retention rates are above 95% and the program NCLEX pass rate is 92.45% (2021/22).
PROSPECTIVE NURSING STUDENTSApply to the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- BRN Applicant Enforcement Webinar
- Information Sheet 2022
- Nursing Program Prerequisite Policy
- Prerequisite Course Evaluation Procedures and Form
- Nursing Articulation Grid
- Merit-Based Criteria Handout 2022
- Nursing Degree Worksheet
- HESI Exam Information Exam is available from July 1, 2022 to Jan 31, 2023
- ADN Admission Supporting Documentation Form
- Military Advanced Placement Policy
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)-to-RN Program (contingent on space availability) 1-year program for current certified LVNs.
- Overview of Nursing Program Courses
- Criteria for Admission of Licensed Vocational Nurses
- LVN to RN CSM Nursing Information Workshop
Fall 2023 applicants will be notified May 2023 via email of the department's decisions. Please do not contact the nursing department, faculty, staff, and counselor about your application status until decisions are made in May 2023.