The Welcome Center assists new, returning and continuing students with navigating the college. We serve new and returning students through the matriculation process (orientation, assessment, counseling, registration) as well as continuing students who are looking for more information on how to access services needed to be successful in college.
Here is how the Welcome Center can serve you:
Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) is designed to guide the first-time student through the matriculation steps (Assessment, Orientation, Counseling) and prepare students to register for classes.
Register for 2022 PEP. The enrollment steps are listed below.
Step #1: Admissions Application
Apply to College of San Mateo and complete the application. You will receive a welcome letter from College of San Mateo which contains your Student ID Number (G Number) and Username.
Step #2: Student Online Orientation/Welcome Orientation
Visit WebSMART and log into your account using your Username and Password. Select the Student tab, then select the Student Online Orientation.
Step #3: English and Math Assessment
Once you Register for PEP, CSM staff will send you a confirmation of your English and Math course placement and registration opportunity for PEP Group Counseling Sessions.
Step #4: PEP Group Counseling Session
Schedule a counseling session (phone or Zoom-video conferencing). You will discuss your classes for Fall, create a Student Educational Plan (SEP) and any other topic like careers, majors, and transfer.
Step #5: Register for courses and pay school fees on your Priority Registration Date
You will receive an email providing you with your priority registration date (April 2021). Log onto WebSMART to register for courses online. School fees are also payable via WebSMART.If you have questions about PEP, please email us at email@example.com
- Help with steps to enrollment and register for classes. Follow the Steps to Enrollment for details.
- Help with connecting to Student Support Services.
At CSM, the administration, faculty and staff are committed to student success. With this in mind, our Welcome Orientation Workshop provides information about Assessment and English and math course placement, Student Services, and using Counseling Services, determining educational goals and creating a plan to reach those goals.To complete it online, log into your WebSMART account and select Online Orientation under Student Services.
- Distance Education students should contact the Welcome Center for information on how to complete matriculation steps remotely.
- Help with connecting to Student Services. Too many programs? Call and we will direct you personally.
- Here are some Campus and Community Resources that can help you during COVID‑19.
- If you would like to make a counseling appointment, please visit Counseling Services.
- Workshops that focus on career exploration, academic success, and personal development.
- Help with connecting to Student Services Programs.
- Visit the High School Concurrent Enrollment page for information.