Register for Classes
- Review course options and plan your schedule through WebSchedule. Note the 5-digit course reference numbers for courses you’d like to register for.
- Log into WebSMART
Your User ID is your student identification number or you can use your Social Security number as an alternate User ID. Unless you have customized your PIN, the default PIN (Personal Identification Number) is your six-digit birth date entered as two digits each for month, day and year (mmddyy).
- Click on Registration
- Click on Registration Add/Drop Classes
- Select the term and click on Submit
Note: At this point you may be asked to confirm your personal information
- If you already know the 5-digit course reference number of the class(es) you want, type in that 5-digit number using the boxes at the bottom of the page (under "Add Classes Worksheet"). Click on Submit Changes! You can search for the classes you want to take by clicking on the "Class Search" button located on the bottom of the Add/Drop Classes page.
- You may reserve a space on a waiting list if a class is full. Follow the registration instructions as outlined above. After clicking Submit Changes, you will receive a red warning message indicating that the class you have tried to sign up for is full. You may add yourself to the waiting list for the class by clicking on "Submit Changes" one more time.
- If your name moves to the top of the waiting list, you will be sent an email to your my.smccd.edu email account instructing you to register for class. Waitlist notifications are also available by text message. To add a text phone number to your contact information, log into WebSMART, click the "Student" tab, click "Update Your Goal/Major and other Student Information", click the "Contact Information" Tab at the top, fill in your Mobile Number in the fields provided and click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page.
- You only have 24 hours from the time the email/text is sent to you to register for the class. If you do not register for the class, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
Most CSM courses are graded on the basis of the standard letter grades (A, B, C, D, F). Some courses are graded on a Pass (P) or No Pass (NP) basis, and are so designated in the schedule of classes. Still other courses offer the student the choice between letter and Pass/No Pass grading; students electing the Pass/No Pass option in such courses must submit the appropriate form to the Office of Admissions and Records within the first 30% of the duration of the course. Changes are not permitted thereafter.