Graduation & Diplomas
Students who have completed the requirements for an associate's degree or a certificate must file an application with the Admissions & Records office.
To complete an application, log into WebSMART, click on "Student Services", then select "Degree & Certificate Application".
If transfer coursework is to be considered, a Transcript Evaluation must be completed before submitting this form. You should not submit an application until all the requirements are met or about to be satisfactorily completed in the current school term.
Students applying for degrees and certificates are required to review the completion of all requirements with their counselor or adviser prior to submitting the application.
- December graduates apply by the first Friday in October.
- May graduates apply by the first Friday in March.
- August graduates apply by the first Friday in July.
For exact dates, please see Important Dates.
Official transcripts will reflect earned AA/AS Degrees and Certificates of Achievement once the degree or certificate is posted. Please note that Certificates of Specialization (under 18 units) will not appear on official transcripts.
Awarding of Degrees & Certificates
Official transcripts will reflect earned AA/AS Degrees and Certificates of Achievement once the final evaluation is complete. Please note that Certificates of Specialization (under 18 units) will not appear on official transcripts.
CommencementThe graduation ceremony is held once a year at the end of the spring semester. Students who complete requirements for the associate's degree in the Summer, Fall or Spring semesters and have been approved will be invited to participate in the ceremony.
College of San Mateo uses an online system called Parchment for processing and delivering Diplomas and Certificates to students. Students will receive their official paper Diploma/Certificate 10 to 15 days after final evaluation (Please note, final evaluation and official certification of the degree or certificate takes at least 3 months). Students will also receive an official, secure, electronic Diploma/Certificate immediately upon final evaluation. Students receive both the paper and electronic Diploma/Certificate at no charge.
Timeline for Receiving Your Diploma
- Roughly 3 months after your final class: Degree is officially conferred
- Immediately after official conferral: Get access to your electronic Diploma or Certificate
- Access Diploma/Certificate at no cost and in perpetuity
- Diploma/Certificate is secure from tampering
- Connect your Diploma/Certificate directly to LinkedIn
- Instantly send Diploma/Certificate to employers or family members
- 10-15 days after official conferral: Receive your high quality paper Diploma or Certificate in the mail
- You will receive shipment tracking and notifications