Classes may be dropped without the instructor's approval. Withdrawal from a class or classes must be initiated by the student by the appropriate deadline date. There are three important deadlines:
- Last day to drop a semester-long classes with eligibility for fee credit or partial refund
- Last day to drop a class so that it does not appear on your record
- Last day to officially withdraw from semester long classes with assurance of a "W" grade
- For online and TV course deadlines, please see Distance Learning Guide in the Schedule of Classes.
- Note: For short courses, eligibility for credit or refund is within first 10% of class meetings. The deadline to drop a short course without a record of it on your transcript is within the first 20% of the class meetings. The withdrawal deadline is at 75% of class meetings.
To drop a class:
- Log into WebSMART
- Click on Registration
- Click on Registration Add/Drop Classes
- Select the term and click on Submit
Note: At this point you may be asked to confirm your personal information
- On Registration Add/Drop page, find the class you want to drop and change the drop down menu from "None" to "Drop".
- Click on Submit Changes