Apply as an International Student
International Students with an Active I20
who attend another college
and would like to take a class at CSM.
Email permission document to
and apply at OpenCCCApply.
International Students Transferring
with an Active I20
from another U.S. college,
university or high school.
Students with an international background
who are U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents,
political asylees, refugees or undocumented.
Follow Steps to Apply & Enroll
and apply at OpenCCCApply.
- Select a program of study on our college degree page
- Begin online application (select New User to start application) - Apply Here
- Upload documents
- Review your application. Click here if you Forgot Your Password
- Pay Application Fee and Submit Application
- Receive your Admission Email
When to Apply
Summer 2023 (GOL only) - Classes begin on June 12, 2023. For the best selection of classes, we recommend applying before the deadline.
- Deadline: June 1, 2023
- Note: GOL is for students who would like to take classes at CSM but who are abroad and do not want to apply for an F‑1 visa.
Fall 2023 - Classes begin on August 16, 2023. For the best selection of classes, we recommend applying before the deadlines.
- New F-1 (Coming from Outside the USA) – July 1, 2023
- Transfer F-1 (Within the USA) – August 17, 2023
- Global Online Learning (GOL) – August 17, 2023
What we need
- Bank Letter or Bank Statement showing funds of at least $29,000 dated no earlier than 3 months before the date you apply. The total estimated expenses are:
Costs are estimates based on the 2023-2024 academic year and are subject to change.
|Tuition (12 units @ $359 per unit)*||$4,308||$8,616|
|Enrollment Fee (12 units @ $46 per unit)*||$552||$1,104|
|Health Insurance (Fall $917.50 | Spring & Summer $1,284.50)*||$1,101||$2,202|
|Living Expenses (based on a shared room with meals for 10 months
in the San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley Homestay Program.)
* International/Nonresident tuition, enrollment and health insurance fees will be
charged directly by the college at each semester.
** See "Line Item Summary of Costs"
Line Item Summary of Costs
|International Program Expenses||Semester||Year|
|Application Fee (non-refundable, one-time fee)||N/A||$50|
|Books and Supplies||$500||$1,000|
|Local Public Transportation||$500||$1,000|
If dependents (spouse or child) will be accompanying you, the bank certification and/or Affidavit of support must include an additional $5,000 for the first dependent and an additional $2,500 for each additional dependent.
- Transcripts from secondary schools or colleges accompanied by English translations
- Copy of your valid passport
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: A minimum score or higher on an approved English proficiency examination:
- TOEFL iBT - 56
- IELTS Band (Academic) - 5.5
- Duolingo - 85
- PTE Academic - 42
- Eiken Grade - 2A
- Find more ways to meet the English Requirement here.
Still need English Language Proficiency?Students who have not yet met the English Language Proficiency level may apply for Conditional Admissions to College of San Mateo by first enrolling in one of our Partner English Language Schools. Two applications are required, one to the Partner English Language School and one to College of San Mateo.
For more information about applying to College of San Mateo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 27 - April 2, 2023
March 31, 2023
April 20, 2023