Apply as an International Student
New International Students coming
to CSM from another country
who need an F1 visa to study in the U.S.
International Students Transferring
with an Active I20
from another U.S. college, university or high school.
Students with an international background
- Select a program of study at our college degree page
- Begin online application (select New User to start application) - Apply Here
- Upload documents
- Review your application. Click here if you Forgot Your Password
- Pay Application Fee and Submit Application
- Receive your Admission Email
When to Apply
Fall Semester - Classes begin in August
- New Student Applications: August 1
- Transfer Student Applications (with Active I-20): August 31
Spring Semester - Classes begin in January
- New Student Applications: November 1
- Transfer Student Applications (with Active I-20): January 10
What we need
- $50 Application Fee
- Bank Letter or Bank Statement showing funds of at least $25,400 dated no earlier than 3 months before the date you apply. The total estimated expenses are:
|Tuition (12 units per semester @ $290 per unit)||$3,480 USD||$6,960 USD|
|Enrollment Fee (12 units per semester @ $46 per unit)||$552 USD||$1,104 USD|
|Medical Insurance||$650 USD||$1,560 USD|
|Room/Food (estimated)||$5,375 USD||$10, 750 USD|
|Miscellaneous, Books and Supplies (estimated)||$2,488 USD||$5,026 USD|
|Total||$12,545 USD||$25,400 USD|
If dependents (spouse or child) will be accompanying you, the bank certification and/or Affidavit of support must include an additional $5,000 for the first dependent and an additional $2,500 for each additional dependent.
- Transcripts from secondary schools or colleges accompanied by English translations
- Copy of your valid passport
- Proof on English Language Proficiency: A minimum score or higher on an approved English proficiency examination:
- TOEFL iBT - 56
- IELTS Band - 5.5
- Duolingo - 85
- PTE Academic - 42
- Eiken Grade - 2A
- Find more ways to meet the English Requirement here.
For more information about applying to College of San Mateo, please email email@example.com.