Apply as an International Student
New International Students coming
to CSM from another country
who need an F1 visa to study in the U.S.
International Students Transferring
with an Active I20
from another U.S. college, university or high school.
Students with an international background
- Select a program of study at our college degree page
- Begin online application (select New User to start application) - Apply Here
- Upload documents
- Review your application. Click here if you Forgot Your Password
- Pay Application Fee and Submit Application
- Receive your Admission Email
When to Apply
Summer Session - Classes begin in June
- GOL Student Applications: June 1
Fall Semester - Classes begin in August
- New Student Applications: August 1
- Transfer Student Applications (with Active I-20): August 31
What we need
- Bank Letter or Bank Statement showing funds of at least $26,000 dated no earlier than 3 months before the date you apply. The total estimated expenses are:
|Tuition (12 units, $309/unit)||$3,708||$7,416|
|Enrollment Fee (12 units, $46/unit)||$552||$1,104|
|Living Expenses (10 months, shared room)||$5,375||$10,750|
|TOTAL||$12,845 USD||$26,000 USD|
|Application Fee||$0||$50 waived|
|Books and Supplies||$500||$1,050|
|Local Public Transportation||$500||$1,000|
|TOTAL||$2,560 USD||$5,170 USD|
If dependents (spouse or child) will be accompanying you, the bank certification and/or Affidavit of support must include an additional $5,000 for the first dependent and an additional $2,500 for each additional dependent.
- Transcripts from secondary schools or colleges accompanied by English translations
- Copy of your valid passport
- Proof on English Language Proficiency: A minimum score or higher on an approved English proficiency examination:
- TOEFL iBT - 56
- IELTS Band - 5.5
- Duolingo - 85
- PTE Academic - 42
- Eiken Grade - 2A
- Find more ways to meet the English Requirement here.
For more information about applying to College of San Mateo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.