Frequently Asked Questions
Wellness Center services are available in person and virtually while classes are in session. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Thursday, between 9 am - 3 pm, extended hours on Thursdays until 4:30 pm. We also see students for walk-in appointments.
To schedule an in person or virtual appointment for health services and for personal counseling, please email email@example.com, call (650) 574-6396, or visit the Wellness Center in Building 1, Room 147.
All services are confidential.
The Wellness Center provides assessment, management, and treatment of:
- Medical advice and referrals to internal and external resources
- Medication refills excluding any scheduled drugs
- Flu-like symptoms
- Cold and cough
- Urinary tract infections
- Minor wounds/lacerations/abrasions
- Mild allergic reactions
- Contact dermatitis
- Bug bites/spider bites
- Minor cellulitis
- Sprain, strains, and joint pain
- Back pain
- Indigestion and heartburn
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Family PACT patients: including STI testing (completed at Quest) and treatment, pregnancy tests (completed at Quest), birth control refills
Please self-isolate at home and take a rapid Covid test. Free rapid Covid tests are available at the bookstore and at the Public Safety office in Building 1. Schedule a consultation with one of our clinicians if you develop symptoms.
Yes, free COVID-19 testing is available in San Mateo County, please visit the COVID-19 Testing webpage for details.
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 574-6396
New and refill prescriptions can be completed.