The Learning Support Centers Coordination Committee represents discipline specific centers and the Learning Center. It brings together faculty coordinators, directors, staff, and students in a combined effort to ensure student success.
The mission of the Learning Support Centers Coordination Committee (LSC3) is to facilitate the effective and efficient operations of the learning support centers at CSM through a collaborative effort focused upon student success.
The goals of the LSC3are to develop a shared purpose: 1. to promote student scholarship and achievement by providing comprehensive academic support across the disciplines; 2. to provide equity through equal access and support services for all students; and 3. to inform the CSM community of the various services available.
- Coordinate marketing efforts to inform the CSM community about the variety of student instruction and other services available at CSM’s learning support centers.
- Provide specific recommendations to incorporate some uniformity in operations/procedures across all support centers while encouraging each center to maintain its individuality.
- Consult with PRIE to identify and collect pertinent data related to student success and completion.
- Identify areas of needed improvement in the centers and advocate for additional resources through the Program Review process.
- Encourage the development and modification of curriculum and support services based on student needs.
- Identify and address gaps in center instruction and services for particular student populations and/or courses.
- Promote fiscal responsibility by sharing center resources when possible.
|Name||Representation||Email Address||Office Phone|
|Theresa Martin||Anatomy and Physiology Centeremail@example.com
|Darrel Dorsett||Business Computer Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Russell Cunningham||Business Computer Centeremail@example.com
|Melissa Green||CIS Computer Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Yaping Li||Communication Studies Centeremail@example.com
|Kate Motoyama||Communication Studies Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Ron Andrade, Co-Chair||CSM Learning Centeremail@example.com
|Patti Appel||Digital Media Computer Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Colby Nixon, Faculty||Modern Language Centeremail@example.com
|Kathy Diamond||Integrated Science Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Dean Drumheller||Integrated Science Centeremail@example.com
|Lena Feinman||Math Resource Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Cheryl Gregory||Math Resource Centeremail@example.com
|Jane McAteer||Nursing Skills Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Kristi Ridgway, Co-Chair||Reading and ESL Centeremail@example.com
|Jamie Marron||Reading and ESL Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 574-6339|
|Juanita Alunan||Writing Center and English 800 Centeremail@example.com||(650) 574-6591|
|Kathleen Steele||Writing Center and English 800 Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 574-6683|
|Jennifer Taylor-Mendoza||Academic Support & Learning Technologiesemail@example.com||(650) 574-6572|
- Learning Support Centers/Labs Coordination Committee Bylaws
- Learning Support Centers/Labs Contact List
- Learning Support Centers/Labs Resource Guide
- Learning Support Centers/Labs SLOs
- Usage Report Fall 2011
- Usage Report Spring 2012
- Usage Report Summer 2012
- Usage Report Fall 2012
- Usage Report Spring 2013
- Usage Report Fall 2013
- Usage Report Spring 2014
- Learning Support Centers Best Practices Inventory Spring 2014