How to Apply & Enroll
We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2019 (late start classes) and Summer/Fall 2019.
- Apply Online
La solicitud disponible en línea le ofrece ayuda en español.
Solo haga clic en el botón “Cambiar a Español”.
International Students who live outside of the U.S. and want to attend College of San Mateo please complete the International Student Application.
International Students who want to transfer to College of San Mateo from another college or university, please complete the International Student Application.
International Students who currently attend college in U.S. and have F1 visa but would like to take a class(es) at College of San Mateo, please complete application in Open CCC Apply.
Distance Education Students: Distance Education students should contact Assessment Services for information on how to complete matriculation steps remotely.
High School Concurrent Enrollment Program
This program is for high school students who are considering taking college courses while still attending high school. Go to the College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program website and follow the directions.
As part of completing the online admission application students identify an educational goal.
After you submit the online admission application:
- Print the confirmation page.
- Check your email (including the spam folder) for important information from CSM Admissions Office regarding your registration.
- Your email will include your student ID number and the next steps in the registration process.
- The email usually arrives within 1-2 hours of submitting the application, but may take up to one business day. Please note our Admissions and Records Office Hours of Operation. If you have not received the “Welcome to College of San Mateo” email, it may have gone to your email account’s spam folder. Also, please make sure you fully submitted the application. After you submit the application, you are taken to a confirmation page, which provides a confirmation number. Print the confirmation page for your records. For technical assistance with the online application, please contact OpenCCC at (877) 247-4836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Complete Steps 2-6 if on your admission application you indicated you are taking courses to:
|Go directly to Step 5 if on your admission application you indicated you are taking courses to:
Students can complete the college orientation by attending an in-person Welcome Orientation and Assessment Workshop (which covers both enrollment steps 2 and 3). Students can sign up for the workshop by contacting the Welcome Center or through their WebSMART account. The college orientation is also available online through WebSMART.
In order to register for Math, English or ESL courses, all students must complete Math and English or ESL Assessment.
For Math and English Assessment:
Option 1: Welcome Workshop
Option 2: English & Math Assessment Form
For ESL Assessment:
Computerized testing for English as a Second Language (ESL)
To schedule an assessment appointment, log into your WebSMART account. The user ID is your G number and the password is your 6-digit birth date (MMDDYY). Click on "Student Services and Student Appointments."
- You must present a photo ID
- There is no fee for testing
- Assessment Services is located in College Center Building 10, Third Floor, Room 370
For students who have completed a Math or English course:
If you have already successfully completed English and/or math courses at another college or university within the United States and are planning to enroll in an English or math course (or a course that has an English or math prerequisite), thenyour previous coursework must be approved. Visit collegeofsanmateo.edu/prerequisites for more information on how to complete the Prerequisite Equivalency form.
Step 4: Meet with a College Counselor and Get Your First Semester Educational Plan
Meet with a college counselor to review your educational interests and goals. The counselor will create with you a 1 or 2 semester abbreviated Student Educational Plan (SEP) to help you get started for your first semester. Please return within your first semester to complete a comprehensive SEP, which will let you know all of the courses that are needed to meet your goal. To make an appointment to meet with a counselor, please call Counseling Services at (650) 574-6400 or drop by.
Step 5: Register for Classes and Pay Fees
- Register for classes. Instructions on how to register can be found on the Register for Classes web page.
- Pay for all enrollment fees
- Print a schedule summary of this transaction
- You can also order textbooks online in WebSMART under registration
Your my.smccd.edu email account is how the college communicates with all students. All college communications are sent to your my.smccd.edu email address.
Only through your my.smccd.edu email address do you receive important information from your professors and the college. It is essential that you make it a practice to check your my.smccd.edu email regularly.