History of the CSM Nursing Program
In response to a survey of hospitals, schools, health officials, and other agencies, the Associate Degree Nursing Program was initiated in the Fall of 1963 to meet the need for registered nurses in the community. The first class graduated in 1965 shortly after the new CSM campus on the hill was opened. more>>
Celebrate the 50th Graduation of CSM's Nursing Program!
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- CSM Nursing Program Information Sheet with program prerequisites (Fall 2015)
- Online Nursing Program Information Session (Online NPIS)
- Apply to the Nursing Program
- NEW: Merit Based Criteria for Acceptance Effective Fall 2015
- ADN Admission Supporting Documentation Form
- Nursing Program Prerequisite Policy
- Policy Regarding Prerequisite Review
- TEAS Guidelines from California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office (Updated March 2012)
- SFSU Chemistry Articulation
- Overview of Nursing Program Courses
- Criteria for Admission of Licensed Vocational Nurses to the Nursing Program revised 06/11
- LVN-RN Application 2015
This program has not yet been approved by the California Department of Public Health so offering the program in the summer of 2014 will not be possible. We are hopeful that approval will be granted in time for fall. Please continue to visit this website for updates.
Other helpful information sheets
- Nursing Articulation Grid (Substituting Coursework from Other Colleges) revised 01/13
- Counseling Worksheet
Nurse Casey talks with a Student Nurse Panel from the College of San Mateo School of Nursing. It is a wonderful conversation with four very smart senior nursing students. They talk about why they were called to nursing, the challenges they have faced and will face and of course they share a funny story or two because after all, "laughter is the best medicine."
The discussion begins approximately 28 minutes into the program.