We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2016.
- Apply online
La solicitud disponible en línea le ofrece ayuda en español.
Solo haga clic en el botón “Cambiar a Español”.
Students with an F1 Student Visa, please complete the International Student Application.
High School Concurrent Enrollment Program
This program is for high school students who are considering taking college courses while still attending high school. Go to the College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program website and follow the directions.
As part of completing the online admission application students identify an educational goal.
After you submit the online admission application:
- Print the confirmation page.
- Check your email (including the spam folder) for important information from CSM Admissions Office regarding your registration.
- Your email will include your student ID number and the next steps in the registration process.
- The email usually arrives within 1-2 hours of submitting the application, but may take up to one business day. Please note our Admissions and Records Office Hours of Operation. If you have not received the “Welcome to College of San Mateo” email, it may have gone to your email account’s spam folder. Also, please make sure you fully submitted the application. After you submit the application, you are taken to a confirmation page, which provides a confirmation number. Print the confirmation page for your records. For technical assistance with the online application, please contact OpenCCC at (877) 247-4836 or email@example.com.
|Complete Steps 2-6 if on your admission application you indicated you are taking courses to:
|Go directly to Step 5 if on your admission application you indicated you are taking courses to:
Note for all students: To have access to counseling services you must first complete Step 3, the College Orientation.
Step 2: Assessment/College Placement Tests
College placement tests are designed to assess your current skills in English or ESL, reading, and mathematics. Test results assist you in selecting courses appropriate for your current academic readiness. Test results are also used to meet prerequisites for English and mathematics classes, or any courses that have English and mathematics prerequisites.
It is strongly suggested that you prepare to take the College Placement Tests and review sample test questions! In this regard, use the resources listed on the Assessment Center website. With prior test preparation/review, you are more likely to get placement test results that link to course levels that meet your academic needs. As an example, if it has been several months or years since you were in a math course, it is likely that you need to review the subject to refresh you knowledge of the level of math you studied. This can prevent your placement into a lower math course.
To schedule a placement test in English or ESL and mathematics log into your student WebSMART account. Your user ID is your Student G# and the password is your 6 digit birthdate (example: Nov 5, 1994 – 110594). In WebSMART click on the student tab and then select scheduling appointments. When you schedule a testing appointment online be sure and download a complimentary parking permit.
- You must complete the admission application and have a student G number to schedule a testing appointment
- At the Assessment Center, prior to testing, you must present a photo ID and your student G number (no exceptions).
- There is no fee to test and it takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- The Assessment Center is located in College Center Building 10, Room 370.
If you are transferring from another college and do not plan to enroll in an English or math course or a course with an English or math prerequisite, then proceed to step 3.
Step 3: College Orientation
To have access to Counseling Services, students must first complete College Orientation. Bring your placement test results to the orientation. This 1.5 hour orientation covers the registration process, use of WebSMART and DegreeWorks, placement test results, educational goals, course selection, and how to prepare for your first counseling session.
Sign up for an on-campus orientation on WebSMART offered each day, Monday through Thursday at varying times of the day. Alternatively, you may complete the College Orientation online via your WebSMART account. You will see the link on the first page when you log into WebSMART.
Arrive on time as latecomers are asked to reschedule. When you schedule the workshop appointment online, be sure and download a complimentary parking permit for the day.
High school students participating in the College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program are not required to go to the College Orientation. However, they are welcome to go and gather more information about the college.
For more questions regarding matriculation steps, please visit the Counseling Support Center in College Center, Building 10, Room 340.
Step 4: Counseling Services and Your First Semester Student Educational Plan
After completing the orientation, you will have access to Counseling Services at College of San Mateo. Students who participate in the College Connection High School Concurrent Enrollment Program do not have access to CSM counselors and must use their high school counselors for enrollment and registration approval.
Meet with a counselor to review your educational goals, placement test results, and course selections for the first semester. A counselor will work with you to create an abbreviated SEP (Student Educational Plan) in your Student DegreeWorks.
At the conclusion of your counseling session, an appointment to register will be sent to your student WebSMART account.
Step 5: Register for Classes and Pay Fees
- Register for classes. Instructions on how to register can be found on the Register for Classes web page.
- Pay for all enrollment fees
- Print a schedule summary of this transaction
- You can also order textbooks online in WebSMART under registration
Your my.smccd.edu email account is how the college communicates with all students. All college communications are sent to your my.smccd.edu email address.
Only through your my.smccd.edu email address do you receive important information from your professors and the college. It is essential that you make it a practice to check your my.smccd.edu email regularly.
For more information