Resources for Students with Children
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Foster Youth
- Personal Counseling
- Transfer Services
- Wellness Center
- The San Mateo County Core Service Agencies provide free services to individuals and families with basic emergency and support services. These FREE services are provided to individuals regardless of their immigration status and are designed to stabilize their living situations. Services include food, emergency housing assistance, emergency utility assistance, shelter and other basic needs.
Financial Education and Literacy
- SparkPoint is a one-stop financial coaching and education center where students and community members access a full range of free services that lead towards financial stability. Meet one-on-one with a financial coach, identify financial goals and establish a timeline for completing their goals. Get Paid to learn how to manage your money. Financial coaching is FREE to students and community members.
- Free Food & Personal Care at CSM
- Drive Thru Food Distributions
- Cañada College - Tuesdays between 11 am and 1 pm
- College of San Mateo – Fridays between 11 am and 1 pm
- Skyline College – Wednesdays between 11 am and 1 pm
- CalFresh – Money for Food:
Free Tax Preparation
- SparkPoint supports students facing housing crisis, or those who may just need extra help exploring their housing goals. If you are currently unhoused, or are worried you will become unhoused soon, set up a housing emergency appointment. If you need extra support in creating a plan to find housing, connect with the team for a housing navigation appointment.
Intimate Partner Abuse Survivors (Domestic Violence Survivors)
- Bay Area Legal Aid: They have a dedicated hotline for domestic violence survivors. Their website also details how each county court is handling emergency protective orders (issued by police after a phone call to a judge), temporary restraining orders and other family law court matters such as custody.
- For survivors of domestic violence ONLY (all Bay Area counties): 888-330-1940 (they have language line for those who need assistance in another language)
- CORA: They provide crisis intervention through a 24-hour support hotline, family support, and legal services for intimate partner abuse survivors.
- Clara House: (415) 863-0681
- The MCCDC offers Free Legal Services via phone. For appointments sign up at www5.apptoto.com/b/iibaatmccdc or contact our legal partners Immigration Institute of the Bay Area at (415) 528-6004.
- Jubilee Immigration Advocates
- Catholic Charities
- Bay Area Legal Aid - Calendar