Beginning on September 1st CSM's peer tutors once again will be available via Zoom conference on a regular schedule to provide tutoring support. The Learning Center offers CSM students free tutoring in a variety of subjects. This includes both individual and small-group tutorial sessions, led by students like you! Tutoring is available on drop-in basis and you can check for subjects and availability and join their Zoom sessions through the LCTR 698 Canvas shell. If you are not currently registered for LCTR 698 and you would like to access drop-in tutoring, sign into WebSMART and enroll in LCTR 698, CRN 93480. That will give you access to the Canvas shell which holds the schedules and zoom links for tutors. It is a zero unit, free course that provides access to on-line tutoring.The schedule for drop in tutoring begins on September 1, 2021. After your tutoring session, please take a moment to fill out the Evaluation of Tutoring Session Form.
Online Tutor Availability through NetTutor
Students can now access online tutoring services through NetTutor for no charge! This new tutoring service is currently available in the following subjects:
- Administration of Justice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Business & Accounting
- Computer Science and IT
- Math Tutor (Calculus and Above)
- Math Tutor (through Pre-Calculus)
- Political Science
There are some helpful videos to watch regarding how to interact with the tutors online using the worldwidewhiteboard interface.
- NetTutor Modes
Details the different ways to receive tutoring including Ask a NetTutor, Q &A Center and the Paper Center.
- NetTutor Tools
Details how to use the many tools in NetTutor including the Math specific tools.
- In order to receive tutoring support students must register for LCTR 698 each semester. Students can register directly through WebSMART at any time during the semester or by completing the Tutoring Authorization Form prior in the Learning Center (College Center Building 10, Room 220).
- Students may receive two hours of free tutoring per subject per week.