The Learning Center offers CSM students free tutoring in a variety of subjects. This includes both individual and small-group tutorial sessions, led by students like you! Tutoring is available on drop-in basis. Schedules for tutoring can be found below and inside the Learning Center at the entrance.
Once inside the center, check in at the front desk and then look for a table with a sign indicating the subject you are seeking. At the table you will see the tutor, who can be identified with a name badge. Sit down at the table and let the tutor know you would like some help. Please have your assignment, textbook, notes, and any other necessary materials with you so that the tutor can assist you appropriately.
Students can check the number of hours they have in all labs and centers on campus through WebSMART.
The schedule for drop in tutoring begins on January 30th. After your tutoring session, please take a moment to fill out the Evaluation of Tutoring Session Form.
Online Tutor Availability through NetTutor
Students can now access online tutoring services through NetTutor for no charge! This new tutoring service is currently available in the following subjects:
- Administration of Justice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Business & Accounting
- Computer Science and IT
- Math Tutor (Calculus and Above)
- Math Tutor (through Pre-Calculus)
- Political Science
There are some helpful videos to watch regarding how to interact with the tutors online using the worldwidewhiteboard interface.
NetTutor Modes: Details the different ways to receive tutoring including Ask a NetTutor, Q &A Center and the Paper Center.
NetTutor Tools: Details how to use the many tools in NetTutor including the Math specific tools.
- In order to receive tutoring support students must register for LCTR 698 each semester. Students can register directly through WebSMART at any time during the semester or by completing the Tutoring Authorization Form prior in the Learning Center (College Center Building 10, Room 220).
- Students may receive two hours of free tutoring per subject per week.