The CSM Learning Center has a variety of employment opportunities for students. To apply please come to the Learning Center and inquire at the front desk. Please note that most hiring is done well in advance of the beginning of the semester. Also, tutors and supplemental instruction leaders require a recommendation from a CSM faculty member.
- Academic Peer Tutor
- Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Student Assistant
Requirements for becoming a peer tutor
If you meet the below requirements and are interested in working as a tutor, please complete the Learning Center Peer Academic Tutor applicationand Tutor Recommendation form and return both to a staff person in the Learning Center.
- Have at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Have at least a B in the course(s) you wish to tutor.
- Complete a Tutor Application form
- Obtain a CSM instructor’s recommendation to tutor in the subject area of interest.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at College of San Mateo
- Meet with the Learning Center Manager, Ron Andrade.
- Enroll in and successfully complete LCTR 100 Effective Tutoring.