Faculty, staff, and administrators identified the need for a comprehensive Learning Center (LC) on November 20, 2010 at a leadership workshop meeting. The LC was established to address gaps in learning support services and academic barriers to student success. As a result of research and input from campus-wide discussions, the Learning Center Committee was formed (November 30, 2010) to develop a plan for delivering a variety of services in the new center. The Learning Center Director was hired in August 2011 and the Center has been in operation since October 03, 2011.
To establish a comprehensive plan for Learning Center programs, the Academic Senate formed a Learning Center Consultation Group to assist in the initial strategic planning and development of Learning Center services. Faculty, staff, and students collaborated to establish a mission statement and set of priorities aligned to the college’s Institutional Priorities.
The CSM Learning Center provides student-centered resources that integrate instruction and support services to facilitate equitable student academic achievement.
- The LC promotes campus community by creating a learning environment committed to the holistic development of each student.
- Students develop personal responsibility, self-efficacy, and respect for the diversity of their peers, faculty, and staff.
- Enhance student learning through innovative teaching and technology strategies
- Design intentional and integrated programs across disciplines to increase student success
- Evaluate LC programs/services and assess their effectiveness
The Learning Center Consultation Group meets periodically to evaluate Learning Center programs and services.
Group membership, meeting agendas and minutes are listed below.
|Co-Chairs||Jennifer Mendoza and James Carranza|
|Social Science||Jeremy Ball and Steven Lehigh|
|Science||Teresa Martin and Kathy Diamond|
|Instructional Aide or Lab Technician||Patricia Powell|
|Student Representative||Adam Sakov|