In order to keep the Learning Center (LC) running as an effective and supportive learning environment,
please adhere to the following guidelines.
- Every student will need his or her G number to check in and out of the Learning Center.
- To check in to the LC, students must be enrolled at CSM.
- Students who need to work in groups may reserve a study room in the center.
- Students are required to check out of their computer workstation when they leave.
- Work on the computer must be related to assigned class work.
- The absolute safety of files stored on the network drive cannot be guaranteed.
Students are responsible for keeping critical files on their own devices.
- Students should report computer problems to a LC staff person.
- Disruptive behavior, such as shouting or cursing, will not be tolerated.
- Rude behavior towards LC staff will not be tolerated.
- The center is a quiet area. Talking should be minimal.
- Please turn cell phones and pagers off or put in inaudible mode. Take all cell phone conversations outside.
- Students must leave workspaces clean - chair pushed in, garbage thrown away, etc.
- Please recycle paper by placing it in the recycle baskets.
- No food or drink is allowed as they can damage computer equipment.
- Pets are not allowed in the LC. (This does not include service animals.)
- Displaying inappropriate items is considered misuse of computers and will be reported to campus authorities. Examples of inappropriate items are sexually explicit, graphically disturbing, or harassing images or text.
- Copying any software from the computer labs is ILLEGAL. Installation of software or configuration changes on
lab computers is NOT allowed.
- Do not unplug any computer station from the network.
based off of Student Conduct policies, or other legal actions.