New York Times
College of San Mateo Library now offers online New York Times accounts for all students, staff, and faculty. This includes unlimited access via mobile apps on tablets and smart phones.
NYTimes.com accounts are good for one year for eligible CSM community members only (current students, staff, and faculty), after which accounts must be renewed from on campus.
Faculty are eligible for a New York Times inEducation account. New York Times inEducation provides curated content for a range of disciplines on how to incorporate news content from the New York Times into your curricula.NYTimes.com Account Set Up
- Visit the CSM Library's NYT site to create your account—Students, staff, and faculty of CSM are eligible:
Highlights & Features:
- Tools: Mobile Apps, Email Newsletters, Alert set up, and more
- Times Topics - A to Z, a treasure trove of news, interactive, multimedia on subjects, events, people, and places
- The Learning Network - Designed for K-12 yet relevant to all educators
- Today's Paper - For those wanting to use their print and have students follow digitally
- Interactive Graphic on Paris' Climate Change Event - So cool - Science made easy
- The Edit - The New York Times newsletter for students, with news organized by academic major, popular articles on social media, advice from experts and more, delivered to your inbox.
- New York Times inEducation- Faculty resource website (requires separate username & password -- see below).
- Tablet Apps - Includes NYTimes Cooking app.
Only Registered Users Can:
- Save articles for later. Retrieve your Times content from any device.
- Receive custom newsletters. Sign up and get news sent right to your in-box.
- Access content tailored to you. Enjoy personalized articles, videos and slide shows.
- Comment on articles. Spark conversations with other readers.
- Email stories, videos, and multimedia. Share your favorite content with your favorite people.
New York Times inEducation Account Set Up
- Click nytimesineducation.com
(You must be on campus to create the account. Once created you can access your account anywhere.)
- Click on Register to create an account.
- Sign up by typing in your name, smccd.edu email address, and any password.
- Access nytimesineducation.com on any computer. Log in using the account you created.
Visit the NYT in Education website to learn more.