Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) Public Service Policy
- As a participant in the U.S. Government's Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), College of San Mateo Library (CSM) offers the general public access to Government published information in print and electronic formats.
- The CSM Library attempts to maintain hardware that meets the latest "Recommended Specifications for Public Access Work Stations in Federal Depository Libraries" as published annually in Administrative Notes.
- The CSM Library makes tangible electronic products and services (CD-ROMs, floppy diskettes) selected in accordance with the CSM Library selection profile available to the general public in a timely manner. If the CSM Library is unable to provide adequate access to and technical support of its FDLP tangible electronic products, circulation of those products is made available in accordance with the library's circulation policies for other non-governmental tangible electronic products or other depository resources.
- The CSM Library provides Internet access to government information at no cost to the general public.
- A link to the Library’s FDLP online resources is provided on the CSM Library homepage.
- The CSM Library provides capability for fax and E-mail delivery of government information to distance users in accordance with existing library policies.
- The CSM Library provides public access to all depository items it receives including electronic government information products.
- The CSM Library provides the ability to download or print electronic government information in accordance with Government Printing Office requirements and guidelines.
- The CSM Library provides appropriate reference service and help guides/documentation of tangible electronic products and the Internet for CSM students and the general public.