The mission of the Technology Committee is to ensure that the college provides and maintains adequate technological resources to support student learning in accordance with the Collegeʼs Strategic Plan, Strategic Priorities, and annual College Goals.
The Technology Committee accomplishes its mission by:
- Developing a long-term technology plan that is aligned with the long-term goals of the college and the district.
- Developing an annual assessment of the collegeʼs future technological needs in light of advances in technological capabilities, and technological needs created by new pedagogical approaches.
- Working with the Budget Planning Committee to create and to finance a Total Cost of Ownership model, which includes identifying funding sources for the replacement of outdated technology.
- Working with ITS staff to set and maintain minimum technological standards.
- Working with the Human Resources Committee and the district Center For Teaching and Learning staff to determine professional development needs with respect to the use of technology.
- Working with Distance Education Committee to ensure that adequate technological resources exist to support the collegeʼs distance education and other technology-mediated efforts.
- Ensuring that both long-term and short-term technology planning is integrated into institutional planning at all levels.
- Participating in the creation of policies concerning appropriate use of technological resources at both a college and district level.
- Making recommendations to the Institutional Planning Committee with respect to technological needs
September 10, 2009--1:30-3:00 PM, Building 14, Room 114
October 22, 2009--1:30-3:30 PM, Building 14, Room 114
November 5, 2009--1:30-3:30 PM, Building 14, Room 114
April 1, 2010 -- 1:30-3:00 PM, Building 15, Room 155
|Name||Representation||Email Address||Office Phone|
|Michelle Brown (Recorder)||Facultyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 524-6934|
|Lorrita Ford||Ex Officio (Director, Library)||email@example.com||(650) 574-6569|
|Kevin Henson (Chair)||Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 574-6185|
|Rene Renard||Classified Staffemail@example.com||(650) 524-6955|
|Brad Witham||Ex Officio (ITS)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 358-6754|
Meeting Summaries Committee Plan
Technology Plan (Revised Spring 2010)Comments and Suggestions
Technology Plan Status Report, 2011
Technology Plan, Final Report, September 2013