The mission of the Diversity in Action Group is to ensure that unity through diversity is among College of San Mateo's highest priorities. DIAG assures that the college's operational decisions--from the executive to the unit level--support its commitment to diversity and student success.
The Diversity In Action Group accomplishes it mission by:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies to increase diversity in the composition of the student body, classified staff, faculty, and administration.
- Using the Student Equity Report as a framework to assess annually the academic success rates of students.
- Consulting as needed with the Basic Skills Committee to assess program activities addressing student success.
- Consulting with PRIE to identify and retrieve pertinent data related to student success.
- Coordinating and sponsoring programs that inform and educate the CSM community about diversity and related issues.
- Benchmark and monitor institutional decisions and actions that relate to diversity.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the Diversity In Action Group by producing an annual report of its activities
Mission and Tasks
|Name||Representation||Email Address||Office Phone|
|Fauzi Hamadeh||Classified Staffemail@example.com||574-6349|
|John Vehikite||Classified Stafffirstname.lastname@example.org||574-6513|
|Henry Villareal (Chair)||Administratoremail@example.com||574-6590|