The mission of the Diversity in Action Group Group is to ensure that unity through diversity is among College of San Mateo's highest priorities. DIAG assures that the college's operational decisions--from the executive to the unit level--support its commitment to diversity and student success.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies to increase diversity in the composition of the student body, classified staff, faculty, and administration.
- Using the Student Equity Report as a framework to assess annually the academic success rates of students.
- Consulting as needed with the Basic Skills Committee to assess program activities addressing student success.
- Consulting with PRIE to identify and retrieve pertinent data related to student success.
- Coordinating and sponsoring programs that inform and educate the CSM community about diversity and related issues.
- Benchmark and monitor institutional decisions and actions that relate to diversity.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the Diversity In Action Group by producing an annual report of its activities
|Name||Representation||Email Address||Office Phone|
|Sylvia Aguirre-Alberto||Facultyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 574-6160|
|Fauzi Hamadeh||Classified Staffemail@example.com||(650) 574-6349|
|Makiko Ueda||Facultyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 574-6125|
|John Vehikite||Classified Staffemail@example.com||(650) 574-6513|
|Henry Villareal (Chair)||Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(650) 574-6590|
- Committee Plan
- Diversity in Action Group Plan (Revised Spring 2010)
- Diversity in Action Group Plan Status Report, 2011
- Diversity in Action Group Plan, Final Report, November 2013
Other: Assessment of Student Achievement/Student Equity Gap