Financial aid is also a partnership between you as the student and the college that provides the money to help pay your college costs. If you receive financial aid, you are expected to enroll in courses needed to complete your chosen program, work hard at learning, and move responsibly toward successful completion of your educational goal.
We understand that the rules that govern the financial aid programs can sometimes be complicated. However, the staff at the CSM Financial Aid Office is available to answer your questions and provide special assistance if and when you need it. For additional information, please see our Financial Aid Handbook.
Let us know if you need assistance as a non-English speaking student.
We can make arrangements to provide information in your native language.
Please stop by the office in College Center Building 10, Room 360, or call us at (650) 574-6146. We will be happy to assist you!
- Claudia Menjivar, Director of Financial Aid Services
Apply for financial aid now!
Sign up for Direct Deposit! - Step by Step Instructions for Direct Deposit
- Instructions for IRS Data Retrieval or Obtaining IRS Tax Transcript
- Visit us for one-on-one assistance at the Learning Center. Spring 2015 Financial Aid Outreach Hours
Effective July 1, 2012 students can only a receive a lifetime maximum of up to 600% FEDERAL PELL regardless of
when they received their first Pell grant. To view your Lifetime Eligibiilty Used (LEU) visit www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA.
For more information about LEU please visit the Federal Student Aid website.
Effective January 1, 2013 AB-540 students will be allowed to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
- Board of Governors Fee Waiver
- State financial aid such as Cal Grants & Chafee Grants
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKS
- Privately funded scholarships