Distance Education Handbook for CSM
Faculty Guide to Library Resources
Link to the ACCJC Accreditation Reference Handbook
Proctor Approval and Agreement Form
SMCCCD Administrative Procedure on Distance Education
CCCCO Distance Education Guidelines
- WebAccess Handbook- how to instructions for using WebAccess
- Best Practices in WebAccess
- Three things you can do in WebAccess
- How to use the Elluminate Live! module to create a live online session
New Jersey Institute of Technology about Moodle (WebAccess) to help you plan your course.
- Editing your Profile - 5:17
Description:How to manage your profile and change your avatar. Of particular importance is how to adjust the way that Moodle tracks unread messages and manages the volume of e-mail that is sends out.
- Editing Your Course Settings - 6:10
Description: Changing Moodle themes, adding weeks or topics to a course, switching between weeks and topics and modifying a course start date.
- Editing Blocks, Resources and Activities - 11:34
Description: Explanation of what each icons does, how to move blocks within a course and how how to manage and move resources and activities.
- Adding Images and/or YouTube videos to a Homepage - 5:55
Description:Add an image or YouTube video to a week or topic.
- Quickmail - 4:18
Description: How to send e-mail to your class using Moodle.
- Messages - 5:22
Description: Use Moodle's messaging tool.
- Resources and Activities - 3:00
Description: This will explain the difference between resources and activities, which will assist you in decided where to add content or tools to your course.
- Linking to Files - 6:56
Description: Add a file (powerpoint, excel, pdf) to your course. How to upload files and manage them within the Moodle "Files" area.
- Displaying a Directory - 3:11
Description: By displaying a directory it is possible to provide students with a single link that will show them all the files that have been uploaded to a specific folder.
- Create an HTML or Text Page in Moodle - 3:18
Description: Create an HTML or text page directly in Moodle.
- Assignment Overview - 5:24
Description: This explores the 4 types of assignments that can be created using Moodle.
- Assignments: Advanced Uploading of Files - 5:23
Description: How to add and configure the advanced uploading of files tool. This will also show you how students upload files.
- Assignments: Grading Assignments - 4:12
Description: How to grade files that students have uploaded to the assignment tool.
- Assignments: Offline Activities - 3:53
Description: This is how you assign a grade in Moodle for an activity that took place outside of Moodle (i.e. midterm, class participation, final)
- Assignments: Upload Single File - 3:00
Description: This covers how to use the "Upload a Single File" tool.
- Assignments: Online Text - 4:16
Description: This covers the "Online text" assignment tool. This tool enables instructors to create assignments where students can go in and compose text. This will also show instructors how to grade text once it has been entered.
- Chat Tool - 4:33
Description: How to use the chat tool to communicate in real-time with your students. The chat tool is text only.
- Locking a Forum - 2:54
Description: How to lock a forum so that students can no longer post or respond to messages.
- Backing Up and Restoring a Course - 11:13
Description: At the end of the semester it is possible to backup your course and import it into a new one. This tutorial covers the steps involved with creating, downloading and restoring a course backup.
- Creating Groups - 5:49
Description: Creating groups will allow instructors to restrict access to select students.
- Using Groups with Forums - 8:36
Description: How to set-up private discussion areas with the forum tool.
- Working with Multiple Groups - 6:01
Description: How to work with multiple groups. This will allow instructors to release materials to select groups of students.
- Groups and Assignments - 2:33
Description: How to set up an assignment to work with the Groups tool.
- Turnitin.com and Moodle - PDF
Description: How to use Turnitin.com with Moodle
- Exporting the Class List and/or Gradebook to Excel - PDF
Description: How to export the Moodle gradebook into Excel.
- Importing grades from an Excel file into Moodle - PDF
Description: How import grades into Moodle from an Excel file.
- Using groups to control access to Resources or Activities - PDF
Description: How to use groups to restrict access (to a quiz, assignment or file) to only a couple of students or a specific group.
- Uploading Zipped Files to Moodle - 4:46
It is possible to upload multiple files at once by uploading a zip file.
- Using the Moodle Gradebook - 18:09
This tutorial will provide an overview to the Moodle Gradebook.
- Setting up the Moodle Wiki Tool - 6:55
Description: How to set-up the Moodle Wiki Tool.
- Using the Moodle Wiki tool - 7:34
Description: How to use Moodle's Wiki Tool.