All curricular actions are completed using the CurricUNET system including writing and approval of new and revised course outlines, distance education documentation, and new and revised program (certificate and degree) proposals.
Overview of the course submission process:
- Faculty author(s) access CurricUNET to create a new course or revise existing courses.
- When the authors finish writing or editing the course, the course is submitted through the system to the division dean of the division. The division dean may suggest changes, edits or corrections.
- Dean's approval moves the course through CurricUNET to be reviewed by the COI Tech Review Committee. Tech Review consists of COI Chair, COI Rep from the division, Articulation Officer, VPI, Assistant Registrar, SLO Coordinator, Librarian and an Administrative Analyst from the VPI office.
- Tech Review reads, comments and suggests changes; improvements for standardization; does SLO review; and checks for adherence to State, district or local practices, regulations or laws. The course may be sent back to the original authors to address any of these issues.
- When all edits have been made, the course can be placed on the next agenda for the Committee on Instruction.
- All participants - authors, COI reps, deans, and committee members use the CurricUNET to make comments and receive notification of needed action by emails from CurricUNET. All comments are visible to anyone using CurricUNET.
Key Resources for writing curriculum
Tips for using CurricUNET
- CurricUNET Instructions - Logging in; New Course Creation; Course Revision; Responding to Requests for Changes
- Quick Reference Guide for Course Checklist - list of required and optional sections to edit for new and revised courses
- Best Practices in Distance Education
Fall 2015 Curriculum/CurricUNET Drop-in Sessions
When: Friday, August 28, 2015 – 2-4pm
When: Thursday, October 1, 2015 1:30-3pm
When: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10-11am
When: Thursday, October 15, 2015 2-4pm
When: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:30-2:30pm
Where: 18-206 - Cancelled
When: Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:30-3pm
When: December 2, 2015 9:30-11am