As a public institution, College of San Mateo must make space available to individuals or groups wishing to exercise their Constitutional right to free speech. The views expressed by these groups or individuals do not necessarily represent the view of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD), College of San Mateo, its administration, faculty, staff or students. The presence of these individuals or groups should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these groups or their point of view.
Individuals or groups exercising their right to free speech may not:
- Enter instructional and/or administrative buildings.
- Impede the progress and/or the ingress or egress of passersby.
- Block entrances and/or exits to campus buildings.
- Force passersby to take materials.
- Touch, strike or impede the progress of passersby.
- Utilize amplified sound.
- Campus Posting Policy: Online | PDF
- CSM Policy on Time, Place and Manner: Online | PDF
- SMCCCD Board Policy 2.31 - Speech: Time, Place and Manner
- Freedom Speech in the United States (Wikipedia)