Getting Started at College of San Mateo
- New students complete an Application for Admission to CSM.
- Complete the Placement Tests for English and Math if you intend to transfer or to pursue a degree or college certificate. After you receive your CSM student ID number, make an appointment to take the Placement Tests through WebSMART. Please contact Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) at (650) 574-6438 before taking the Placement Tests if you need accommodations for your placement tests.
- Complete the College Orientation/Counseling Workshop. Contact the Counseling Center (650) 574-6400 to reserve a space. This workshop will help you to decide which courses will meet your specific academic needs.
- After you have completed these steps you will be cleared to sign up for classes. If you need additional help in choosing appropriate courses, you can schedule an appointment to meet with the DSPS Counselor for academic counseling by contacting DSPS.
- Contact DSPS for an appointment to arrange for accommodations and services to meet your educational needs.
Need Assistance?If you’d like help getting started with your application and enrollment, feel free to make an appointment with Kevin Sinarle, our counselor.
Please see Audra Fernandez to book your appointment.
(650) 574-6438 Phone
(650) 574-6434 Fax