Disability Resource Center (DRC)
Maintaining Eligibility for Services
To maintain eligibility as an active DRC student, you must fulfill one contact per term with any of the following DRC services:
- Counselor (SEP, accommodations, guidance)
- LD Specialist (accommodations, assessment)
- DSKL courses (Kurzweil, Smartpen, Sonocent, DragonNaturally Speaking, Counseling)
- Alternate Media Specialist (request books and tests in alternate formatting)
Recommendations to ensure a successful semester
- Time management skills: Schedule studying time, prioritize your to-do list, organize your syllabi so you are aware of due dates, tests, and quizzes.
- Notify your instructors right away in each class by sharing your "Academic Accommodations" form. This needs to be current and updated each semester. We recommend that you meet with your instructor privately to discuss your specific accommodation needs at the beginning of the term.
- If you use alternate media, make sure you have requested your textbooks through the Alternate Media Specialist. As soon as you know your classes, get your alternate media requests in early so that you're ready to go when classes begin.
- Keep your Student Educational Plan (S.E.P) current to ensure eligibility for priority registration.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor to make changes or update your plan as needed.
- If you feel yourself slipping in classes, come see us! Don't wait.