Students will graduate from the dental assisting program with their certificate in two semesters (Fall & Spring). They will also be eligible to sit for both their State (RDA) and National (CDA) Examinations upon graduation. Students in the 10-Month program have a demanding schedule and are in classes most of the day Monday-Friday.
If you are not yet eligible for ENGL 100, you may take the following courses while you take your English class(es), without being accepted into the 10-Month Dental Assisting Program. These classes are not prerequisites to be accepted into the program but are required for the certificate of A.S. degree in Dental Assisting.
- DENT 701 - Dental Science I offered during the Fall semester
- DENT 703 - Allied Health Communication offered during the Fall semester
- DENT 702 - Dental Science II offered during the Spring semester after you have completed DENT 701
- COMM 110 or 130 - Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communications
- PSYC 100 or SOCI 100 - General Psychology or Sociology
We also highly recommend you take BIOL 130 during Fall semester in preparation for DENT 702 in the Spring especially if you have never taken a Biology course. This class is not required but highly recommended.