The following information is for students that have been accepted into the 10-Month Dental Assisting Program. You will be given a packet of information regarding the following when you meet with the orogram director once you are notified of your acceptance.
Required Exams, Immunizations, and Lab Tests
Dental Assisting is a career that involves exposure to bloodbourne pathogens and diseases.
Learn more »
Accepted students must complete the following and submit the required forms by June 26, 2014.
- Obtain a physical evaluation and the required immunizations and lab test.
- You will need to be examined by a licensed Physician or Nurse Practitioner and a licensed Dentist and have these practitioners complete the required forms.
- Obtain a dental examination.
- The student also must have a dental exam.
- The student is required to have this form signed off by a dentist to allow for a set of dental radiographs (x-rays) to be taken on them and allows them to be a patient during the Coronal Polish course.
There will be a mandatory orientation for all accepted students into the Fall, 2014 10-Month Program in early May. All accepted students will be notified of the exact time and date upon notification of acceptance.
The Dental Assisting Program at College of San Mateo requires students to wear a uniform. The uniform encourages an atmosphere of learning and professionalism.
You must have your uniform and wear it by the first day of classes, August 18, 2014.