The following information is for students that have been accepted into the 10-Month Dental Assisting Program. You will be given a packet of information regarding the following when you meet with the orogram director once you are notified of your acceptance.
Required Exams, Immunizations, and Lab Tests
Dental Assisting is a career that involves exposure to bloodbourne pathogens and diseases.
Learn more »
Accepted students must complete the following and submit the required forms by June 26, 2014.
- Obtain a physical evaluation and the required immunizations and lab test.
- You will need to be examined by a licensed Physician or Nurse Practitioner and a licensed Dentist and have these practitioners complete the required forms.
- Obtain a dental examination.
- The student also must have a dental exam.
- The student is required to have this form signed off by a dentist to allow for a set of dental radiographs (x-rays) to be taken on them and allows them to be a patient during the Coronal Polish course.
There will be a mandatory orientation for all accepted students into the Fall, 2014 10-Month Program on July 8, 2014.
The Dental Assisting Program at College of San Mateo requires students to wear a uniform. The uniform encourages an atmosphere of learning and professionalism.
You must have your uniform and wear it by the first day of classes, August 18, 2014.