The following information is for students that have been accepted into the 10-Month Dental Assisting Program. You will be given a packet of information regarding the following when you meet with the program director once you are notified of your acceptance.
Required Exams, Immunizations, and Lab Tests
Dental Assisting is a career that involves exposure to bloodbourne pathogens and diseases.
Learn more »
Accepted students must complete the following and submit the required forms by Thursday, April 30, 2015. We will email you these forms to the email listed on your application once you have been notified of acceptance.
- Obtain a physical evaluation and the required immunizations and lab test.
- You will need to be examined by a licensed Physician or Nurse Practitioner and a licensed Dentist and have these practitioners complete the required forms.
- Obtain a dental examination.
- The student also must have a dental exam.
- The student is required to have this form signed off by a dentist to allow for a set of dental radiographs (x-rays) to be taken on them and allows them to be a patient during the Coronal Polish course.
There will be a mandatory orientation for all accepted students into the Fall, 2015 10-Month Program during the week of July 6, 2014. Once you turn in your Medical/Dental and CPR forms you will be notified of the exact date, time and location of the orientation.
The Dental Assisting Program at College of San Mateo requires students to wear a uniform. The uniform encourages an atmosphere of learning and professionalism.
You must have your uniform and wear it by the first day of classes, in August, 2015.