Apply to College of San Mateo
This is the first step to your exciting career in the beauty industry.
The intensive cosmetology program is designed for creative career-oriented students who have the ability and motivation to work independently under supervising instructors, and are able to participate in a collaborative learning environment, thus benefiting from the program. The cosmetology department has facilities for approximately 45 new students each semester.
Requirements for Admission
Completion of tenth grade or equivalent as required by the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
(Completion of twelfth grade is recommended.)
Priorities for Admission
- Applications will be reviewed according to date and time received in the cosmetology department (Building 5)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- San Mateo County residency
Submit the Cosmetology Application to the cosmetology department.
Apply for Financial Aid and get help with paying for college.
CSM Financial Aid website
When to Apply to the Cosmetology Program
Applications are accepted continuously and students are accepted on a first come -first served basis.
Priority is given to residents of San Mateo County.
Program Start Dates
The CSM Cosmetology Program accepts beginning students twice each year:
- Fall Semester - August & October (class availability depends upon enrollment in the August class)
- Spring Semester - January & March (class availability depends upon enrollment in the January class)
Students who are enrolled full-time, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:45 pm, and have good attendance, are able to complete the cosmetology program in 13 months. Currently, we are only accepting full-time students in our beginning classes.