How to Get Involved
During the Election Period (usually mid-spring semester)
Students may run for office. Candidate packets are available in the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development, located in Building 17, Room 112.
During Non-Election Periods
Follow these steps:
- Complete an application to the Advocacy Board, Cultural Awareness Board, and/or Programming Board (below), print it out, and submit it to the Center for Student Life in Building 17, Room 112.
- Attend an Advocacy Board, Cultural Awareness Board, or Programming Board meeting (depending on which you applied to) and meet with the Board Chair and the A.S. President.
- If your application is accepted, the A.S. President will appoint you to the Board to which you applied.
- After attending a minimum of three (3) Board meetings, you may be considered for a seat on the A.S. Senate (if there are open seats available).
- The A.S. President may, at his or her discretion, appoint you to the Senate. This appointment must be confirmed by a vote of the Student Senate. In addition, you must meet all eligibility requirements (please see the ASCSM Constitution and Bylaws for eligibility requirements).
Please note: Board applications are temporarily unavailable as we hold elections to fill the ASCSM Senate for 2014/15. Board applications will again be available after Monday, June 2, 2014.
- ASCSM Advocacy Board Application
Interested in joining the Advocacy Board? Complete this application and submit it to the Center for Student Life to be considered for an appointment. The Advocacy Board focuses on researching political issues and advocating on behalf of students on the local, state and federal level.
- ASCSM Cultural Awareness Board Application
Interested in joining the Cultural Awareness Board? Complete this application and submit it to the Center for Student Life to be considered for an appointment. The Cultural Awareness Board plans, organizes, promotes, executes, and evaluates events that recognize and celebrate the unique diversity of the CSM community.
- ASCSM Programming Board Application
Interested in joining the Programming Board? Complete this application and submit it to the Center for Student Life to be considered for an appointment. The Programming Board focuses on providing a broad range of events on campus, including co-curricular, cultural, and social activities.