Announcing an election to fill seats on the ASCSM Senate for the 2014/15 academic year.
- President (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Finance Director (1)
- Senator (17)
Minimum qualifications while running for and holding office:
- Be enrolled in at least six (6.0) units of credit at CSM while running for and holding office.
- A majority of currently enrolled on-campus units must be at CSM (distance learning units exempted).
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 while running for and holding office. Have at least a 2.0 GPA in the semester prior to running for office and maintain a 2.0 in each semester while serving in office.
- Have and maintain “satisfactory progress” (a 50 percent or higher completion rate).
Involvement in student leadership can be an exciting and rewarding experience. It does, however, require a high level of responsibility and commitment. Your minimum level of commitment will involve spending time in formal and informal meetings and in activities planning sessions outside of those meetings.
Minimum participation requirements
- A minimum of about two hours per week for official Senate meetings; Senate meetings are held every Monday from 2:15 pm to 4 pm.
- During the summer, the Senate will meet twice per month at the day and time indicated above.
- An additional one to two hours per week for College or District committee meetings.
- It is strongly recommended that Senate members attend the three-day A.S. Leadership Conference between Friday, June 6, 2014 and Sunday, Sunday, June 8, 2014.
- It is also recommended that Senate members set aside additional hours per week to help plan, prepare, and participate in Senate activities, meetings, and events.