Announcing the ASCSM Spring 2017 General Election to fill Executive Officer and Senator positions for the 2017/18 academic year.
- Candidate filing begins Monday, April 10, 2017
- Polling dates are Tuesday, May 2, 2017 through Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Positions available are 1 President, 1 Vice President, 1 Finance Director, and 16 Senator positions
Minimum qualifications while running for and holding office:
- Must have completed at least six (6.0) unites of credit at CSM.
- Be enrolled in at least six (6.0) units of credit at CSM while running for and holding office.
- A majority of currently enrolled on-campus units must be at CSM (distance learning units exempted).
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 while running for and holding office.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA in the semester prior to running for office and maintain a 2.0 in each semester while serving in office.
- Have and maintain ‘‘satisfactory progress’’ (a 50 percent or higher completion rate).
Involvement in student leadership can be an exciting and rewarding experience. It does, however, require a high level of responsibility and commitment. Your minimum level of commitment will involve spending time in formal and informal meetings and in activities planning sessions outside of those meetings.
Minimum participation requirements
- A minimum of about two hours per week for official Senate meetings; Senate meetings are held every Monday from 2:15 PM to 4 PM.
- During the summer, the Senate will meet twice per month at the day and time indicated above.
- In early August 2017, attend the three-day ASCSM Leadership Conference, If you are not able to attend this conference, you will be required to attend an afternoon training session in early Fall 2017. If you do not attend either the conference or the training session, you will automatically be removed from your position.
- An additional one to two hours per week for A.S., College, and/or District committee meetings.
- It is also recommended that Senate members set aside additional hours per week to help plan, prepare, and participate in Senate activities, meetings, and events.
Please contact the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org; at 650.574.6141; or in Building 17, Room 112.