Students will graduate from the Dental Assisting Program with their certificate in two semesters (Fall & Spring). They will also be eligible to sit for both their State (RDA) and National (CDA) Examinations upon graduation. Students in the program have a demanding schedule and are in classes most of the day Monday-Friday.
If you are not yet eligible for ENGL 100, 400, or equivalent, you may take the following courses while you take your English class(es), without being accepted into the Dental Assisting Program. These classes are not prerequisites to be accepted into the program but are required for the Certificate of Completion and Associates of Science degree in Dental Assisting.
- DENT 701 - Dental Science I offered during the Fall semester
- DENT 703 - Allied Health Communication offered during the Fall semester
- DENT 702 - Dental Science II offered during the Spring semester after you have completed DENT 701
Prior to being admitted into program
- COMM 110 or 130 - Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communications
- PSYC 100 or SOCI 100 - General Psychology or Sociology
We also highly recommend you take BIOL 130 during fall semester in preparation for DENT 702 in the spring especially if you have never taken a Biology course. This class is not required but highly recommended.