The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), a division of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), requires its affiliated colleges to undergo a comprehensive self evaluation every six years. College of San Mateo’s next comprehensive self evaluation is a four-part process:
- CSM’s internal self evaluation, a process that will occur from fall 2011 through spring 2013 and that will result in the preparation of a Self Evaluation Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness (Institutional Self Evaluation Report) submitted to ACCJC,
- an on-campus visit by an accreditation team composed of peer evaluators in fall 2013,
- the ACCJC’s review and decision on the accredited status of College of San Mateo, and
- CSM’s ongoing self-improvement to meet regional and federal standards.
- inform the entire College of San Mateo campus community about the ongoing planning and activities related to the 2013 institutional self evaluation,
- provide resources for the Standards Committees that are preparing the Institutional Self Evaluation Report, and
- provide the public with information related to College of San Mateo’s 2013 institutional self evaluation.
Vice President of Instruction; College of San Mateo’s Accreditation Liaison Officer; Co-chair, 2013 Institutional Self Evaluation
Faculty Co-chair, 2013 Institutional Self Evaluation; Professor of Engineering