What is a Guaranteed Transfer Contract (GTC)?
A Guaranteed Transfer Contracts (GTC) is a formal, written agreement that outlines the College of San Mateo courses you must complete before transferring to a participating institution. Upon completion of GTC requirements, transfer admission is guaranteed.
NOTE: Only a small number of 4-year institutions offer GTC's. Whenever possible, CSM participates in GTC arrangements. A GTC is not required for transfer. However, it guarantees admission upon completion of all general education and major required coursework.
A GTC may be written after you have completed at least 30 semester units of transferable coursework, and may be written up to one year before transfer. Contact your counselor as soon as you start CSM to begin planning.
For more answers to GTC questions, please read GTC FAQ's.
Student Checklist for Guaranteed Transfer Contracts
- Have at least 30 UC/CSU transferable units
- Complete all major prep work found on www.assist.org
- Have 60 UC/CSU transferable units done by Spring semester prior to transferring
- Make sure all transcripts from other colleges and universities are on file at CSM
Admissions & Records
- Make an appointment with a counselor/advisor
- Bring copies of ALL transcripts (unofficial ones are fine) along with Transfer Contract forms and supplemental criteria forms to counselor meeting
- Return all signed contract forms to Transfer Services Office (College Center Building 10, Room 340)
CSM offers Guaranteed Transfer with the following colleges & universities:
Fall 2014 University of California Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGS) are now done online at: uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu . Submission of UCTAGS is to be completed between September 1-30, 2013.
University of California
Search: Transfer Guarantee
UC San Diego
Click on Transfer Preparation and then TAG for Fall 2013
|UC Santa Barbara
UC Santa Cruz
Click on Info Box and type in Transfer Admission Guarantee
California State University
San Francisco State University/Cal State University East Bay
- No TAG Forms required; apply during published priority application filing periods
Private and Independent Colleges & Universities
|Golden Gate University