What is a Guaranteed Transfer Contract (GTC)?
A Guaranteed Transfer Contract (GTC) is a formal, written agreement that outlines the College of San Mateo courses you must complete before transferring to a participating institution. Upon completion of GTC requirements, transfer admission is guaranteed.
Note: Only a small number of 4-year institutions offer GTC's. Whenever possible, CSM participates in GTC arrangements. A GTC is not required for transfer. However, it guarantees admission upon completion of all general education and major required coursework.
A GTC may be written after you have completed at least 30 semester units of transferable coursework, and may be written up to one year before transfer. Contact your counselor as soon as you start CSM to begin planning.
For more answers to GTC questions, please read GTC FAQ's.
Student Checklist for Guaranteed Transfer Contracts
- Have at least 30 UC/CSU transferable units already completed
- Complete all major prep work found on www.assist.org
- Have 60 UC/CSU transferable units done by Spring semester prior to transferring
- Make sure all transcripts from other colleges and universities are on file at CSM’s Admissions & Records
- Attend a UC TAP/TAG Workshop during the fall filing period
- Make an appointment with a counselor/advisor to review your TAG and make certain you have a Student Educational Plan on file (SEP)
- Bring copies of all transcripts (unofficial ones are fine) to counselor meeting
- Submit contracts online by the due date
CSM offers Guaranteed Transfer with the following colleges & universities:
Fall 2016 University of California Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGS) are now done online at
uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu. Submission of UC TAGS is to be completed between September 1-30, 2015.
University of California
|UC Santa Barbara
UC Santa Cruz
Click on Info Box and type in Transfer Admission Guarantee
California State University
|San Francisco State University/Cal State University East Bay
Private, Independent, and Out-of-State Independent Colleges & Universities
|Academy of Art University
||Golden Gate University
||Palo Alto University
Historically Black Colleges and Universities
Beginning Fall 2015, California community college transfer students who meet certain academic criteria will be guaranteed admission to nine historically black colleges and universities.
Under the agreement, students who apply to the schools and obtain a transfer level associate degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and complete either the University of California Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum, or the California State University General Education Breadth pattern, will be guaranteed admission with junior standing.