- Within five (5) days* following receipt of the Disciplinary Board's recommendation, the Disciplinary Officer shall make a written decision.
- The Disciplinary Officer may adopt the recommendations made or make changes.
- The Disciplinary Officer should then promptly send a copy of the decision to the student by certified mail. A copy will also be sent to the President. If the student is a minor, the report shall be sent to the parent or guardian. If the recommended disciplinary action is expulsion, the recommendation for this action will be made to the Board of Trustees. Expulsion proceedings will be completed upon action by the Board of Trustees.
- A student may appeal the decision using the process outlined in Step 5.
- The President shall notify the District Chancellor of any decision to suspend a student.
- Disciplinary Records: The Disciplinary Officer shall maintain all records of a disciplinary hearing. Disciplinary files shall be retained for at least five (5) years from the time of a final determination.
|< Step 3: Disciplinary Action(s) Recommended||Step 5: Appeal to the President >|