Classified Employees Statement of EthicsI. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Classified Employees support individuals based on their needs in order to be successful, recognizing and welcoming the cultural richness within our community.
- We work to identify and eliminate barriers that impede student learning and development or discriminate against full participation by all students.
- We examine the influence of power on the experiences of diversity and equity to reduce marginalization and foster community.
- We promote authenticity, mutual empathy, respect, and engagement within human interactions.
Classified Employees encourage students to develop their curiosities and passions through active learning, collaboration, and exposure to leadership opportunities.
- We foster an environment where students feel empowered to make decisions.
- We create environments that are supportive of the growth and development of the whole person.
- We provide and complement in-class learning with experiential learning.
- We collaborate with others for the good of our students.
- We recognize the critical role that classified play in student success.
Classified Employees foster cooperative and collaborative engagement to create a positive impact in our community.
- We promote positive change in society through education.
- We prepare students for success in a global economy.
- We engage in open lines of communication.
- We collaborate with others for the good of those whom we serve.
Classified Employees promote and support best practices and educational opportunities for the development and empowerment of our community.
- We strive for quality and excellence in the work that we do.
- We foster an environment where colleagues feel informed, connected, and empowered to make decisions.
- We engage in continuing educational, professional, and personal development.
Classified Employees maintain high professional and personal standards while fostering an environment of truth, trust, and transparency.
- We demonstrate loyalty and commitment to our community.
- We honor and operate within the framework of laws and policies.
- We maintain confidentiality of interactions, student records, and information related to legal and private matters.
- We pledge to do no harm.
- We strive for transparency and aim to avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof.
- We exercise good stewardship of resources.
Some concepts from this statement were taken from Council for the Advancement of Standards (2006). CAS statement of shared ethical principles. In Council for the Advancement of Higher Education (Ed.), CAS professional standards for higher education (6th Ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Adopted February 2018