- Multi-year Tuition Support: Promise Scholars students will get their degree or certificate paid for. Students are required to enroll full-time, that means enrolling in 12 units or more both Fall and Spring semester, Summer is highly encouraged.
- Up to $750 in Textbooks: Up to $750/year covered for textbooks from the CSM Bookstore. Each semester, students have up to $300 (Fall & Spring) and $150 (Summer) to spend in the CSM Bookstore towards their textbooks and testing materials. We work with our bookstore to ensure students have easy access to the materials needed for each class.
- Priority Enrollment & Cohort Courses: Promise Scholars students have the opportunity to enroll in classes at an earlier registration date. Students can also enroll in blocked courses designated for the Promise Scholars Program, including Math, English, Communications, and certain electives.
- Individualized Counseling Support: Promise Scholars students have an assigned Promise counselor to support them throughout their time at CSM. Promise Scholars Counselors work with our students to recommend specific classes to take each term, based on each Student Educational Plan (SEP).
- Exclusive Events and Workshops: Based on your academic and career goals, your assigned Promise Scholars counselor will recommend certain events and activities for you to attend during the semester. We work with different resource offices around campus to connect you to events related to Transfer, Career, Major and more!
- Food and Transportation Incentive: $50 monthly incentive for food and transportation if Promise Scholars students attend their individual counseling appointment and a workshop or activity.