Self Service Data Resources
SMCCCD and CSM Strategic Plan Metrics
SMCCCD Strategic Plan: Metrics have been adopted by CSM for CSM Strategic Plan. Data are based on SMCCCD databases and searchable by college.
- Strategic Plan Metrics: Data are reported for first-time student cohorts. Searchable by District or College for the following:
- Cohort Characteristics
- Student Educational Plan Completion
- Math Enrollment
- English Enrollment
- Transfer Math Completion
- Transfer English Completion
- Degree Completion
- Awards Utilizing Online Coursework
- Online/Distance Education Enrollments
- Course Outcome Modality Comparison
- Modality Comparison by College
- Modality Comparison by Department
- High School Graduate Enrollment
- High School Detail
- UC & CSU Transfer Counts
- Data Mart: A good resource for basic demographics, searchable by College or District, disaggregated by ethnicity and gender.
- Students/Headcounts including special populations
- Student Services
Notes: Some metrics do not include students without SS# (eg. AB540/DACA), and students who elect not to share their information.
- Transfer Data: Transfer Volume to CSU, UC, In-State Privates, and Out of State Institutions
- Vision for Success: Examines the state-wide community college performance as a system. It sets out very clear goals for improvement. It also lays out a vision for success, framed as a series of seven commitments.
- Salary Surfer: Helps students and their families make important decisions about college education, provides comparative information about the earnings of recent California community college graduates who received an award in a specific program of study.
Launchboard: Administered by Cal-PASS Plus, this site provides data on the effectiveness of college programs in both CTE and non-CTE pathways, such as Strong Workforce Program Metrics, Adult Education, CTE Outcomes Survey, and K-14 CTE transitions information.
California Dept of Education: Website includes searchable data on the K-12 system
- Data Quest: School performance, Test results, Student and staff demographics, graduation rates, student misconduct/intervention, and more
- Data Resource Guide: California Department of Education data collections and reports
- Ed-Data: Data about K-12 education in California
Labor Market Info: The Labor Market Information Division (LMID) of the Employment Development Department is the source for California Labor Market Information. Statistical data and reports on California's labor force, industries, occupations, employment projections, wages and other important labor market and economic data is searchable by Customer, Subject, and Geography, and more.
National Center for Education Statistics What Works Clearinghouse: The What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) reviews the existing research on programs, products, practices, and policies in education to provide educators with the information they need to make evidence-based decisions.
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS): Federal Database of postsecondary enrollment demographics.
CCRC: Community College Research Center out of Columbia University produces working papers, research reports, practitioner packets, and other resources aimed at promoting student success.
Bureau of Labor Statistics: Labor force and unemployment data at a variety of geographic levels including national, state, metropolitan area, and county.
U.S. Census: Population, demographics, employment, etc. at a variety of geographic levels including national, state, county, city, and census tract (neighborhood).