BSI Adjunct Faculty FundThe Basic Skills Initiative Committee is pleased to announce a new fund that compensates adjunct faculty for work with Basic Skills students that is outside of regularly paid activities (teaching/counseling, certain FLEX activities).
For the 2019-2020 academic year, $5,000 has been set aside for this fund.
Applicants must be adjunct faculty at CSM working in support of Basic Skills students in one of the following roles, which are listed in order of priority that funds will be awarded:
- Working directly with Basic Skills students or other faculty to assist Basic Skills students (student meetings/workshops—writing assistance, reading comprehension, time management, etc.), retreats, teaching circles, curriculum development, norming grading, etc.)
- Attending training outside of normal teaching/counseling hours related to Basic Skills students (professional development workshops, training sessions, etc.)
- Participation in other department and division duties related to the success of Basic Skills students (Program Review, Course Outlines, Division/Department meetings, etc.)
- Create a Word document entitled “BSI Adjunct Fund Request“ that includes:
- your contact information (name, phone, email and department)
- a one-paragraph description of the activities for which the funds will be used and how these activities meet the criteria, and
- contact information of a dean/faculty/staff member who can validate your work/participation.
- Have submitted an application and been approved for funds.
- Fill out a timesheet (each month as applicable) by the payroll deadline to Tabitha Conaway, BSI Coordinator, and cc: Annie Theodos in the ASLT Division.