Administration of Justice at College of San Mateo - Degrees & Certificates
skip directly to Main Content Navigation Search A-Z Index Ask the Bulldog Find People Top Story Breadcrumbs Footer
Administration of Justice
Degrees & Certificates

Associate in Science Degree

Administration of Justice 60 units

Associate in Science Degree for Transfer/SB1440

Administration of Justice 60 units

Certificate of Achievement

Administration of Justice 24 units
Basic Police Academy (AJPS) 22 units

University Transfer Program

Use Assist ( to identify lower division major preparation for the California State University and the University of California systems. Transfer majors may be listed as Administration of Justice, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law and Society, or other listings. For independent or out-of-state colleges and universities use their catalogs to locate this information. Transfer Services can assist you to gather this information.

The Administration of Justice Program prepares students for jobs in the field of criminal justice. The program at CSM is designed to educate students on the many aspects of justice administration – from the human, social and moral problems to the larger scope of justice systems.

Through the expertise of the faculty and the exposure to professional personnel from the criminal justice system, students can expect to be prepared for a career in various fields including criminal justice, law enforcement, corrections, social services, probation, and law.

The criminal justice system offers employment in various municipal, county and state agencies in California, to individuals who have the ability to work well with all types of people, observe details others might miss, and make sound decisions in times of crisis.

The two-year degree covers a broad range of information and professional skills in criminal law, corrections, and the American justice system. While this degree is intended for transfer, it also may lead to employment or advancement within the justice system. Students planning to transfer to a four-year university should complete the Associate Degree.