University Transfer at College of San Mateo - Overview
skip directly to Main Content Navigation Search A-Z Index Find People Top Story Breadcrumbs Footer
Fall 2017 Fee Payment Deadline
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Summer 2017 Session ends
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Fall 2017 Semester begins
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Sexual Misconduct & Title IX
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
University Transfer

Students Request General Education Certification Prior to Transfer to a UC or CSU Campus.

The UC and CSU systems ask community college transfer students to provide verification of completion of lower division general educaton requirements. To accomplish this, students must request the Admissions and Records Office (the request can be made on WebSMART) to send a CSU GE or IGETC Certification with the final transcript to the transfer institution. This certification is used by the transfer destination, in addition to the official transcripts, to confirm full or partial completion of CSU GE or IGETC requirements.

Students who transfer without CSU GE or IGETC Certification will be required to meet the general education requirements of the specific UC or CSU campus to which they transfer. Meeting these local general education requirements requires taking additional general education courses after transfer.