Language Laboratory and Listening Requirement: Since imitation, response, and independent practice are integral features of the study of a foreign language at the College, students enrolled in certain courses in foreign language are required to use the language laboratory as prescribed by each department.
Note: To be transferable to UC, Spanish courses must be taken for letter grade.
- SPAN 110: Elementary Spanish (5.0 units) (also offered as 111 and 112)
- SPAN 111: Elementary Spanish I (3.0 units)
- SPAN 112: Elementary Spanish II (3.0 units)
- SPAN 120: Advanced Elementary Spanish (5.0 units) (also offered as 121 and 122)
- SPAN 121: Advanced Elementary Spanish I (3.0 units)
- SPAN 122: Advanced Elementary Spanish II (3.0 units)
- SPAN 131: Intermediate Spanish I (3.0 units)
- SPAN 132: Intermediate Spanish II (3.0 units)
- SPAN 140: Advanced Intermediate Spanish (5.0 units)
These courses, which count as humanities electives, focus primarily on speaking and listening and are ordinarily offered in the evening only. For detailed explanation of what the course numbers mean, please refer to our College of San Mateo Foreign Languages page.
Some courses are offered only one semester annually. For information about planned offerings in a later semester, call the Language Arts Division Office at (650) 574-6314.