- Provide and facilitate professional enrichment that inspires, nurtures, and rewards faculty and staff efforts to achieve teaching excellence.
Institutional Priorities 1-3, 4.3
- Collaborate with programs to identify and overcome current teaching and learning obstacles.
Institutional Priorities 1-3
- Create and implement a shared vision of best practices and innovative pedagogy; and assist programs and services designed to achieve greater student engagement, success, and persistence.
Institutional Priorities 1-3, 5.2-3
- Provide a forum for sharing evidence of student success in projects and innovative practices as well as creating a dialogue that includes cross-discipline communication.
Institutional Priorities 4.3 and 5.2-3
- Implement changes to professional development based on recommendations by the chancellor of the California Community Colleges System Student Success Initiative's Professional Development Committee.
- Increase incoming faculty and staff participation in professional enrichment activities
- Improve faculty perception about CSM professional development opportunities
- Develop website as a means for disseminating professional development outcomes
- Institutionalize Reading Apprenticeship
- Expand tenure-track professional development program and CCTLP
- Increase the number of faculty and staff participating in professional development activities and events
- Improve dissemination of professional development outcomes via the SoTL Center and website
- Integrate development efforts of SoTL, Basic Skills Initiative, Diversity in Action Group,
Professional Development Committee, Measure G and President's Innovation Fund, and college divisions