Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in aural skills such as sight-singing, rhythmic execution, harmonic, melodic and rhythmic dictation.
- Perform advanced analysis on the melodic, harmonic and formal components of written music from the common practice period.
- Create derivative and/or original music in 4-voice chorale style consistent with common practice period voice leading norms.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in keyboard skills including scales, basic chord progressions, sight-reading and repertoire appropriate to graduating first year piano students.
- Demonstrate proficiency on an instrument or voice that enables self-expression and musical communication.