Certificate Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Understand native speech at average speed on a variety of common topics.
- Utilize appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation to express verbal communication covering a broad spectrum of common interpersonal interactions.
- Decode written Spanish in a variety of formats.
- Use appropriate levels of Standard Spanish vocabulary and grammatical structures to write on a variety of common topics so as to be understood by a native speaker unfamiliar with English.
- Identify aspects of Hispanic culture throughout the world, and compare and contrast them with aspects of non-Hispanic cultures.