Certificate Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Develop the skills and knowledge required for entry-level positions within the field of Smart Building Systems and related fields.
- Describe the basics of electricity and electrical generation systems as applies to home and business applications.
- Identify and describe the function of all components necessary to design both off-grid and grid-intertie photovoltaic and thermal solar energy systems.
- Prepare a solar photovoltaic or thermal system plan for an intended site that will satisfy the energy needs of the site, including the incorporation of component inefficiencies and derating factors.
- Describe the California rebate process and provisions as they apply to solar grid-interactive systems, either as a thermal or photovoltaic system.
- Qualify to sit for the NABCEP entry level solar certification exam.