To qualify for the 2018-19 Year One Promise, students must have graduated from high school, adult school, or earned a GED/HSE in the U.S. after October 1, 2017.
Recipients of the Year One Promise must agree to:
- Enroll full time at College of San Mateo (minimum 12 units) for fall and spring terms only
- Maintain academic progress, a minimum of cumulative GPA of 2.0, and a completion rate of above 50%
- Declare a major by the start of the spring 2019 semester
- Complete a comprehensive Student Educational Plan (SEP) by the start of the Spring 2019 semester
- Participate in intensive counseling support, workshops, and other services designed to get students off to a good start
Priority deadline for consideration for the scholarship is May 1, 2018.