College of San Mateo Promise Scholarship
The College of San Mateo Promise Scholarship is available to San Mateo County recent high school graduates and students who have recently completed their GED or Adult Education who enroll at College of San Mateo full-time and plan to earn a certificate or degree.
The Scholarship supports students by making college more affordable and ensuring that higher education is achievable for all members of our community. Students who do not receive the Promise Scholarship may be eligible for other types of financial support.
The scholarship is available to high school graduates and students who completed their GED or Adult Education program after December 1, 2016. The priority deadline is June 30, 2017.
What does the Promise Scholarship cover?
The Promise Scholarship will cover all student fees and textbook assistance for the first year that a student is enrolled (beginning in Fall semester and continuing through Spring semester and Summer session).
- Enrollment Fees
- Health Fee
- Student Rep Fee
- Student Body Fee
- Affordable textbook options
What are my responsibilities as a recipient?
Recipients of the Promise Scholarship must agree to:
- Enroll full time at College of San Mateo (minimum 12 units) for fall and spring terms only
- Maintain academic progress, a minimum of cumulative GPA of 2.0, and a completion rate of above 50%
- Declare a major by the start of the spring 2018 semester
- Complete a comprehensive Student Educational Plan (SEP) by the start of the Spring 2018 semester