The Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) provides a small group setting for completing the Steps to Successful Enrollment at College of San Mateo.
PEP activities allow students to complete on the same day Placement testing, a campus tour and the Student Orientation and Course Selection Workshop.
- Students are required to complete placement tests prior to attending the workshop.
- Placement testing must be completed within the PEP program. However, there are certain alternatives to complete this requirement. For information about alternatives to our placement test, please refer to Why are Placement Tests Important?
College of San Mateo's Disability Resource Center offers support services and accommodations to students with verified physical, psychological and specific learning disabilities.
Please visit Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) to learn about their services.
Here is what you will get:
- A confirmation letter will be mailed to you from the Office of Counseling Services verifying your PEP Day request. This will also include information on how to complete placement testing and college orientation/course selection workshop.
- The workshop provides comprehensive information about registration procedures, educational goals, assessment results and course planning, review of general education & major requirements for associate degree, transfer to a four-year college, and more.
- The campus tour will introduce students to different Student Success Services and their locations on campus.
- At the end of the orientation, you will have connected with other students, participated in a counseling services staff-lead course selection workshop, and received a course enrollment plan and a priority registration date that will permit you to register ahead of all other new students, thereby having the broadest selection of classes at times that are convenient for you.
- At the end of the PEP Day, you will schedule a counseling appointment to meet with a CSM counselor to discuss your academic aspirations and start long-term academic planning.