- The Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) provides a small group setting for satisfying all the required matriculation steps for enrollment at College of San Mateo.
- PEP activities include a special college orientation and course selection workshop. Students are required to complete placement tests prior to attending the workshop.
- There are special PEP dates for students with disabilities who want and qualify for testing accommodations and for students who wish to take the ESL placement test for non-native speakers.
- Placement testing must be completed within the PEP program. However, there are certain exceptions to this requirement. Please refer to collegeofsanmateo.edu/testing.
Here is what you will get:
- A confirmation letter will be mailed to you from the Office of Counseling Services verifying your PEP application. This will also include information on how to complete placement testing and college orientation/course selection workshop.
- The workshop provides comprehensive information about registration procedures, educational goals, assessment results and course planning, review of general education & major requirements for associate degree, transfer to a four-year college, and more.
- At the end of the orientation, you'll have connected with other students, participated in a counseling services staff-lead course selection workshop, and received a course enrollment plan and a priority registration date that will permit you to register ahead of all other new students, thereby having the broadest selection of classes at times that are convenient for you.